Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Petra & Pilar at Export Bank Drive

Dec. 23 - There was another restaurant within the vicinity of Chino Roces Avenue that I've always been curious to check out. I knew it was near the location of 101 Hawker Food House so I decided to look for it since I was in the area anyway.




I think Petra & Pilar just recently moved to their present address. I've passed this area before and didn't notice them by the road.


According to their flyer, the concept was in homage to the grandmothers of Katrina Ponce Enrile. Petra was a simple woman from the province while Pilar was of Spanish descent. I liked the romanticism of this story.


There were also two ways of ordering - turo-turo style and a la carte. Since I arrived way past lunch time, the food being displayed were not in the usual style of a spread but already packed individually. Sort of tira tira. I opted to choose from the menu.


From Petra's side of the menu, I ordered the Ginataang Manok with Toasted Longanisa - "braised chicken meat in coconut milk with toasted longanisa". This was delicious.


My other dish, of course, was from Pilar's side - Tortang Talong at Kalabasa Topped with Salted Fish. I don't think I read the menu properly since I thought I chose an omelette. I was never a fan of this dish, probably because the stem looked like a rat's tail and the battered part a roadkill. That's how strange my childhood imagination can be. 

I grudgingly tasted a morsel and drowned it with the ketchup. It was ok, I guess. Anyway, I ended up just finishing my beer and had the dishes for takeout. This was the third restaurant I visited in a span of two hours. Enough eating for the day.


Cost of Meal : 370.36

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar