Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Top Songs of 2011: 4 & 3

*These next two artists have burned up the charts yet, they are relying on the support of their devoted fan bases. Fame does not necessarily guarantee great music. These artists prove that!




     #4 Lana Del Rey's “Blue Jeans”: The new indie queen in readying the release of her debut album through Interscope Records at the end of January. Del Rey released two amazing songs this year, including the recent “Born 2 Die”, but it was “Blue Jeans” that made me fall deeply in love with her soulful voice. The greatest aspect of the track lies in the artist's performance, but the lyrics also carry a very strong message of a relationship on the verge of falling apart. This girl will be a strong force in the music industry and I am glad I was able to come across this fantastic song. Most blogs are torn between loving and hating this “gangsta Nancy Sinatra”, but I can do nothing expect root for her continued success and be mesmerized by this great track.





     #3 Simon Curtis' “Soul 4 Sale”: Simon Curtis has been on my favorites list since I heard “Alter Boy” and adored his entire 8Bit Heart record. The artist really stepped it up with the release of his second studio album which featured the innovative and truly perfect track, “Soul 4 Sale”. Curtis sounds as if he is rapping on the track, something new and different for him. It works and I actually found it quite enjoyable. The song also contains one of my favorite lines of the year, dealing with kamikazes and paparazzi. The beat and production are another quality to compliment and I can not forget about the high notes that the artist is able to hit throughout. I was blown away by this song and my fingers are crossed for Curtis' deserved future recognition.




*Lana Del Rey and Simon Curtis may craft different music, but both have the vocal abilities to warrant a great music career, they truly deserve it. If these two amazing songs are just numbers 3 and 4, then who are my numbers 1 and 2? Find out tomorrow! One shouldn't be a big surprise. ;)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar